December 19, 2010

chaos in calendars

As a good friend tells me, "control is underrated in a world full of chaos." While my mother might ardently disagree, it is my firm belief that life's chaos cannot be controlled. Instead, I seek to understand, respect, and reflect on the chaos surrounding (and often caused by) me.


A remarkable calendar helps. In high school, I was voted "most likely to travel with her planner." While my commitment to my calendar has lessened since high school, my mother's has not. When I use the line "I have to check my calendar," it's never just my calendar but my mother's as well, without which our family would not function.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Insights? Please share here. One or both of us will respond when we finish reorganizing our closets . . . again.